I don’t think that an excuse will cover it this time. My blog… Oh, my poor blog 😦 I owe you an explanation.
January was a tough month- statistically speaking it is the most depressing month of the year and I guess that I’m no exception to the general feeling of glumness. Lots of things were going on and lots of change was happening, so instead of boring you with the details I thought I’d make a quick bullet-point list of things-both good and bad-that happened in January.
- A break-up: Not fun for anybody involved
- Mary went back to The U.A.E and I haven’t had that many opportunities to Skype to her since.
- I applied for a new 1-year college course: if it all works out I’ll be studying Film and TV Production!
- Learned how to cope with my anxiety in new ways that work for me.
- Had a bad reaction to something that was beyond my control- not a good feeling, got me down for days.
- Had a week’s holidays from my job and got to hang out with lots of my lovely friends
- Took the first steps to getting back into typography and hand-lettering
- Was told something that took me by surprise: seriously made me wonder if I had misplaced trust in someone who was a big part of my life!
- Went to a charity event and had an awesome time with the people I work with.
- Climbed a big hill and had a blast with some cool guys
Wow, that was more than I initially thought I had to say, but many of those things were overlapping and it was a struggle to find motivation to blog in the meantime. The motivation seems to have gone into hibernation since November 2014 – let’s try t change that!
One of my personal highlights of January was getting a better understanding of my anxiety (on some level). I feel like a lot of the weight I associated with anxiety has been removed from my shoulders and while I’m not back to what I consider my “normal” self, I’m finding it much easier to just be happy about things. It’s a work in progress, but I’m pretty happy with the progress so far.
My resolution for February is to get underway with studying for the driving theory test. I hope that I’ll be able to take the test in March or April. I’d love to be able to have a full licence and on the road by the summer, but who knows! I’ll be crossing my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes- alternatively I could just study the book, duh!
At the beginning of January I set a Goodreads goal of reading 24 books this year. So far, I’m on track with 3 of 24 under my belt. I’m hoping to keep up with this too.
While I can’t promise I’ll be a better blogger, I promise I will try. I’d love if anybody with suggestions about what they would like to see here left a comment below, or tweet me @odd_laura.
For those of you who have stuck around, thank you so much, I appreciate every one of you reading this.
Until next time,